“Transitions occur in the lives of all committed Christ followers. They are the moments and days that lie between what is, and what is to come” (Walling, VI). So how do we navigate through these times of transition in a healthy, focused and hope-filled way?
In his book Stuck! Navigating the Transitions of Life and Leadership, Dr. Terry Walling explores the reality of transitions and seeks to guide readers through the confusion of being “stuck” into the discovery of the next phase of God’s sovereign purpose for their lives. This is accomplished by seeking to address the following questions (Walling, VI):
- What is a transition?
- How do I know I am in transition? (characteristics)
- How do transitions occur, and is there a pathway through a transition?
- How does God use a transition to shape a Christ follower’s life and direction?
- What are the keys to navigating the way through a transition?
- How will I know when the transition ends, and what can I expect in the future?
God is always at work! And He uses times of transitions to work in our lives in such a way to draw us closer to Him and move us toward accomplishing His purpose in and through us. While we know this is true, transitions can still be tough! So we invite you to journey through the transitions of life using Stuck! as a guide to “finding God in new ways and discovering His purposes, while at the same time just trying to survive and navigate a time of transition.”
Terry Walling serves as President of Leader Breakthru, a resourcing ministry on training, coaching and developing resources that bring breakthrough in the lives of risk taking, Kingdom leaders.